Monday, July 27, 2015

On my nightstand








Cold Tangerines

by Shauna Niequist
I love Shauna’s writing… it’s approachable and vulnerable and invites you to join her in finding joy in our everyday stuff.  This is the second book of hers I’ve read.  Perfect for summer!




A Year of Living Prayerfully
by Jared Brock
I can’t remember how I stumbled on this book or why it interested me.  Jared wanted to grow up in his prayer life so he embarked on a pretty bizarre journey all over the world to research how people pray and what prayer really is.  I almost put it aside several times but I’m so glad I didn’t.  I learned a lot!




My Father’s Daughter
by Hannah Pool
Hannah was adopted from Eritrea as a baby by a British couple and in this book she tells of meeting her birth family many years later.  It’s pretty raw and emotional as she processes all the things she thinks and feels as a young woman who has struggled with her identity – as most adopted children do at some point. Again, I learned a lot!



Mrs. Pollifax mysteries
by Dorothy Gilman
This is three books in one and was a perfect summer ‘take me away’ read.  Mrs. Pollifax is a widow with grown children who gets bored with her quiet life and decides to pursue an old desire to become a CIA agent.  What begins as a seemingly easy assignment turns into danger, espionage, kidnapping and murder.  These are great fun to read!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...