Monday, April 13, 2015

Links I Liked

Permanent Marker Floor Art
@wherecoolthingshappen.com
I would like to be brave enough to do this.


Words for a Homesick Heart
@jenniferdukeslee.com
In those letters from home, Mom would remind me of who I was and what I was made of…  Well guess what?  That’s what the Holy Scriptures do.  St. Augustine said it like this:  “The Holy Scriptures are our letters from home.”


Why Women Rock
@thehouseofhendrix.com
Women don’t mind each other’s dirt.  We crave the authenticity of it… There is no greater privilege than when a friend welcomes you in just as she is… and just as you are.


Every Platform an Altar
@thehighcalling.org
No one is meant to stand on platforms.  Sure, everyone’s got a platform under them… and the movers and shakers would have us thinking that a platform is what elevates you.  But the only call on a Christian is to build every platform into the shape of an altar, to shape every platform into the form of sacrificial service. 

 
Cool and Creative Bookmarks for Bookworms
@boredpanda.com
Saw this linked on one of Ann’s Saturday posts.  Love these.


Amazon Will Deliver 25,000 Items to Your Doorstep in 2 Hours
@clarkhoward.com
What’s next?  The only thing I can think of is that we will simply think of something and it will appear on our coffee table, I-Dream-of-Jeannie-style.  But I don’t know how they’ll handle charging our credit cards.  We are a spoiled, impatient bunch aren’t we?


We Were All Born to Ask This Question
@weareTHATfamily.com
I stood in the center of that room and thought, my children haven't complained once.  They haven't asked for anything.  They didn't think of themselves while they worked hour after hour... My family is at its best - our absolute best - when we are doing something for someone else.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...