Monday, August 13, 2012

Getaway


Gearhart/Cannon Beach/Seaside/Manzanita… the beach in Oregon will always be a favorite for our family.  We have tons of memories there.  Waves, sandcastles, blackberry cobbler, bikes, hide-and-seek, ping pong, friends and family, ice cream cones, games and books.

For over 25 years we spent part of summer vacation at a friend’s beach house in Manzanita – until she sold it.  Funny how something that never belonged to you can be such a huge loss. 

So this year I found a house in Gearhart on VRBO and it was fantastic.  Though it’s not our favorite beach or town, it was quiet, beautiful weather and close enough to Cannon and Seaside to drive down for an afternoon to visit.  Ray and Lisa couldn’t join us because they had to work – that is the part of having my kids grow up that I don’t like. 



A few of my favorite people…




Jeff’s mom came with us and can I just tell you what a joy she is to be around?  She is always happy (I know – but it’s true), positive to the nth degree and she keeps us in stitches.  Her card-playing skills are legendary in our family as are her names for the cards…

Kink

Queenie

Jackie


  











Oh vacation, how I love you! 
Oh God, Your creation wows me every time!

.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...